Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Love is patient.

Love is patient.
Love is kind.
Love is not jealous or boastful or proud.
Love is not rude.
Love does not demand it's own way.
Love keeps no record of wrong.
Love does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

This is my all time favorite passage in the Bible. Some say it's because I'm a lover or a romantic. I don't disagree with them about that. But, as some people look at this and say "I want that in life. God bring that into my life in someone else." I say, "God, make me this." I break down every line and see how God can make me into a person who can love like this. I want to be able to love like this in every relationship in my life.

I want to be able to be patient in every circumstance. Whether it be good, bad or ugly. I know God has a plan and will see me through. I know sometimes things get  hard and I just have to wait and trust God that everything will work out.

I want to be kind in every aspect of life. I want to be able to show love to people even by just a smile or hug. It's the simple things in life that will always matter most.

I don't want to ever be jealous or proud of myself or my accomplishments in life. I want to live a life where God gets all the glory for everything. I'm just a simple servant with a big future thanks to him.

I want to always have a gentle spirit to how i joke with things with people. I would never want to hurt the people I'm closest with. Even a small joke can stick with someone forever.

It's not about me. I don't want to look at life as how am I supposed to please Kimmy. I want to serve my King. He put me here for a reason. It's not about me, yes at times I become selfish but I'm human. I can be real.

I have a history and so does everyone. I'm not here to bring up every mistake in you. I'm here to say the past is the past and you've been set free. I won't hold anything over your head because you make a mistake. Instead I will say, "how can we fix it so it doesn't happen again?"All sin is equal. I've done stupid stuff I'm not going to judge you because you sin differently than you have. It's not my job.


I don't want to focus on the negative things of life. I want to look at life with positive outlook. I want to see things the way Christ sees them. Even when things look rough, I will always find a way to find the good in every situation.

I will never give up on the ones I love. I promise. I would go through anything to make sure that the people i love are safe and happy. Things go wrong and people change, but my God is forever and I know He will always be there to give me strength to hold onto the things I'm supposed to hold onto. No matter how big or little the situations I will always look to God for His wisdom and guidance to help guide me.


I'm nothing special, I'm a simple girl with big dreams. I try my best to show love to everyone I meet. I try to be as real as I can. I'm growing everyday. I'm stretching everyday. I want to go to a new level of love. I want to be able to have people look at me and they can see God's love shining through me.

God's placed dreams inside of me to change the way people look at themselves. I want people to be able to see what God sees in them. I want them to feel loved.

Love is more than just a word, it's an action. You can't just say I love you, you have to show it with how you act. If you're saying I love you to someone, but you don't show them you truly care in someway then your words mean nothing. Christ loves us and He tells us in so many ways. Look around you, He's giving you everything in your life. Still can't see what I'm talking about? Take a deep breath for me. God gives you each breath because He loves you and you are called to great things. What will you give Him? How will you tell Him you love Him today? Maybe loving an enemy you've been trying to avoid would be that cause. You can't hold onto bitterness and anger it will only destroy you in every way. Let it go. God doesn't hold onto your mistakes why should you be different to anyone else? Maybe something isn't working in your timing right now and you're getting frustrated, just remember God is right there with you and He is saying "I love you so much. You need to realize this is not the time for this, I have a time that will be right and you just have to trust me that I know whats best for you. I know every plan for you. Each day of your life I already have planned out. You just need to trust me. Life isn't always easy, but I'm always here."

Love is a powerful thing. What will you do to show Christ's love today? Life is to short to not love people.

We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment