Friday, April 1, 2011

A Beautiful Masterpiece

Today i have been sitting here dwelling on a lot of things God has done in my life recently and I've notice just how much I have changed over the past month of my life.

I have noticed where I have struggled greatly with many things over the past few weeks and where I have also conquered those weaknesses.

I have so much on my mind lately that sometimes I've noticed myself losing focus on why I'm here and why I'm doing some of the things I'm doing.

I think so often we get in these mind sets that we aren't good enough for a certain job, or a person and then we get into these little pity parties we throw for ourselves..

We lose our focus. 

We sometimes get so side tracked with the little distractions of life that we miss the beautiful picture of our lives that  God is trying to paint.


The struggles we go through and the pain we have to have is sometimes just a test for us to take our eyes off the picture God is helping us paint of our lives.


When i envision God sometimes, I see him sitting in front of this massive canvas with a art pallet with hundreds of colors and he's holding a paint brush and he's saying "Welp, what are we going to paint next?”

Then some days I imagine Him coming over and picking me up and setting me on His knee saying, “How about you try it today and I’ll sit and guide you.” & He passes me the brush for me to add in some color.

But once I’m done with my color and done of what I think would be the perfect picture God comes in and holds my hand with the brush and guides it and corrects it into this beautiful masterpiece I could have never accomplished by myself.

He takes away the mistakes and the times I ran down the page. He cleans it up and holds my hand steady when I get shaky and scared I’m going to mess up.

To go back to what I was talking about earlier, those distractions we go through in life are the little things in the picture that God has to fix. For me God’s had a lot of fixing to do recently, but over the past few weeks the picture of my life that is on that canvas is turning into something beautiful.

I let everything get to me, such as, hurt, self-worth, anger, frustration, work, school, boys, friends, my car.  It doesn’t matter what it is, things get under my skin, but it’s only because I’m human just like everyone else I get upset and I get sidetracked and I let things go that should be done right away.

But those distractions are where God helps take control again. Sometimes when God passes off the brush we let it get to our heads and we take control of our lives and play it out how we want to see it. So once we’re done having our fun and the hurt is all over God comes in and takes his little cloth and brush and fixes the mistakes.

Isn’t it great we have a God who fixes our mistakes and who restores us? He makes all things new and He is someone who won’t leave you or let you go in those hard times you’re going through.

I’ve learned the hard way, when you’re going through hard times that you need to realize that God is with you the whole time.
He never leaves you.
Next time you’re out talking about all your problems to everyone, remember the one who is the Healer of all and who can take away that pain your feeling and wipe away those tears and hold you in his arms of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment